View Single Post
Old July 14, 2018, 10:42 AM   #22
buck460XVR

It seems your major concern over any legitimate revolver cartridge is cost of ammo. My advice is, if you can't afford to feed it, you can't afford the gun in the first place. As others have said, while reloading will bring down the cost per round, you are still going to spend the same "X" amount of dollars on ammo.....cause odds are, like all the rest of us, you will just shoot more. Lots of folks claim it's the recoil that makes for so many big bore revolvers being in the "used" gun case with so few rounds thru them. I believe it's also 'cause folks didn't get enough satisfaction from shooting them to justify what they had to spend for factory ammo. The reason the 9mm is so popular has little to do with how effective it is. While modern projectile designs and construction have made it much more effective, it became highly popular before that, 'cause ammo was cheap. The availability of plentiful and cheap ammo, lead to the wide variety of handguns available for it nowadays, whereas once they were limited. Ain't the accuracy or knockdown power that led to 9mm revolvers....it was the desire to have a revolver that shot cheap ammo. Same as your desire. I see no reason you think you need a large frame 9mm. The bulk and weight will negate any reduction of recoil. Odds are, if shooting factory ammo only, you will not shoot enough to see any recoil reduction benefits anyway. The large frames are for magnum pressures and recoil, not there in 9mm. If you are drawn to the revolver platform, then you need to be drawn to it's calibers too. Otherwise, like I said before, spend the monies on a quality bottom feeder to shoot the cheap ammo.

Page generated in 0.03736 seconds with 8 queries