View Single Post
Old September 22, 2018, 02:28 AM   #24
marine6680

Slip 2k is relatively cheap... It's not $5 a quart cheap, but $25 for a 16oz bottle is cheap for quality gun lube. I can handle a once every year or two purchase like that. Actually it tends to last at least 2 years usually. But I do buy the standard and the EWL version. EWL is more expensive, bit it works very well. The best gun lube I have tried. It stays in place and even if left in storage for several months, I can pull out one of my ARs and not worry one bit about the lubrication. And then go shoot a few hundred rounds... Throw the rifle back into the safe, and then maybe in a few more months when I decide to take that particular one out to the range again, shoot a few hundred more rounds without worry about the lubrication. And it cleans up well afterwards... Plus it isn't based on bio products, like frog line and others, which have a shelf life and will spoil over time... This is why frog lube gums up actions if it gets down inside small hard to clean parts. It oxidizes and basically spoils and goes rancid, which turns it into a thick sticky gunk.

Slip 2k is what was used in the Filthy 14 rifle test.

It's also non toxic.

Motor oil and ATF are not so lacking in toxicity.

For my firearms that are not ARs I use Lubriplate food safe oil and grease. It's industrial, so cheap. The problem is finding reasonable amounts and not multi gallon sizes. The grease is aluminium based rather than lithium, which is a superior grease base. The oil is just quality stuff. Food safe ratings are strict and require the product to work, after being applied, and then all ecess being removed. Basically you apply the line and then wipe it off with a dry rag, leaving a very small amount on the part. That is required for food safe use, then it still has to lube properly.

Lots of products work as a good lube on firearms... I just prefer to use products that are as safe as possible. I have enough chemical exposure at work.

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries