View Single Post
Old February 10, 2018, 12:31 AM   #411
Jeff22

matches on indoor ranges

Up here in the frozen tundra, most matches are indoors in the winter of necessity.

Last weekend I shot in a couple of matches on indoor ranges that I had been to before, but I had not shot at either location in three or four years.

Both ranges are of traditional configuration, with a fixed firing line and shooting booths. When used in IDPA or USPSA matches, the targets are set up down range and the position that you fire from varies from stage to stage. In certain spots the lighting is very spooky and shadowy and it's hard to get a clear sight picture.

I shot the IDPA classifier with a Glock 19 in CCP (concealed carry pistol) class. That's the ONLY one of my carry guns that does not have hi-viz trijicon or Ameriglo Spartan sights.

I had a hell of a time picking up the front sight, depending where I was in relation to the targets and in relation to the overhead lights. At times I also got a glare off the glass cell in the night sights (this is pretty common -- it'll happen if the sun is low in the sky and behind you too).

So I did okay but not as good as I could have or should have. NOTE TO SELF: When shooting on an indoor range with shadowy lighting conditions, use the guns with the more visible sights . . . .

Page generated in 0.02601 seconds with 8 queries