Thread: change
View Single Post
Old January 13, 2018, 12:49 PM   #10
Don Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 603Country View Post
I had a brain tumor. Thought for sure I was a dead man. But i’m Not. Sure changed my thinking. I finally went back to hunting and a lot of other stuff. Except for food for the freezer, I don’t feel the need to kill deer. But hogs and coyotes, I’m after them all the time.
But coyote's and hogs huh? Funny thing but other than to fill the freezer I don't think I'd hunt big game. But hog and coyote's, Yep, well yep I though as I recently watched a youtube video on casing out a coyote to save the hide. Well I watched and this guy hung up a coyote to do. Looked exactly like a dog to me! Imagine that. Then the guy got the hide off and around the eye's and got the ears. What was left hanging there could well have been one of my beloved bird dog's! Damn was that a turn off!

Then there's my Missy. Stray Border Collie that I had marked for elimination as she was killing my chickens. Then a local rancher stopped in wanting to know if I'd seen her, one time was all before I figured out it was her killing my chickens. Story was, as is true, soon as she saw a human she'd leave fast as she could. Well the rancher had a home for her so I though I might catch her. I did and this was one abussed dog. On top of that she had an eye that needed removed! Took a week or so to move the feed bowl over to me the get her in touching range. Hunger was my friend with her. Turned out because of her eye and how timid he was, the guy wanting her changed his mind. That was over a year ago and my Missy is still here. I took a look at that skinned coyote and it looked just like my Missy! Now I'm pretty sure I could still kill a coyote but don't think I could skin one now!

Beside Missy I have Squirt, an English Setter and Stormy, an Red Setter!

Page generated in 0.03564 seconds with 8 queries