View Single Post
Old December 7, 2017, 04:50 PM   #1
Wendyj

Combination bench and Hunting rifle dilemma

After hunting some this year and doing a lot of bench rest shooting I am finding out my most accurate rifles are too high power scoped and weight is an issue. Cutting back and have sold off most rifles. I am looking for a rifle I can hunt with and shoot some longer 1000 yards at the range. I am hoping to use a Nightforce SHV 2.5x10x56 scope on it. Made the mistake of a 4x12 and 6.5x20 hunting under a hundred yards this year. Couldn't begin to find the deer quick enough. I'm reloading and my favorite caliber is the 260 with a 1-8 twist and the 300 short mag with a 1-10 twist. Tikka has served me well but I'm not interested in the weight of the CTR and long tactical magazine anymore. Held a few Tikkas in 260 synthetic pencil barrels. Gave up on Remington but kind of like the Sagage 16 weather ss in the 300 wsm. I know I'll never shoot competition so barrel cooling at bench will be my biggest downfall but weight is my biggest hunting issue. Also considering wester mule and elk hunts. Any ideas even if another caliber. Just not the 30-06. Nothing wrong with it but it has sharp recoil for me with heavy bullets.

Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 8 queries