View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 06:09 PM   #40
MLeake

Water-Man, please share your credentials, other than having somebody very close who is bi-polar. I suspect you have none.

Or, if those are credentials, then I could claim to be quite the expert on diabetics - I am surrounded by them, including an in-law who does not drive because of sudden onset blood sugar crashes. She broke a wrist last year, passing out and falling to the floor when one crash caught her off guard.

The only "fact" you stated was that you have had experience with at least one bipolar person. Everything else you said was your opinion. Again, feel free to cite credentials or facts, beyond that.

As to my "ridiculous comparisons," cars driven by people having medical events can be quite lethal; I have never been assaulted by a bipolar, but have been assaulted by drunks and by hot-tempered idiots (they did not like the results); and yes, you do paint with a very broad brush.

JimDandy, in some ways, you are right, ideally this should be debated by experts. Unfortunately, I could very easily see some poorly drafted bills put forward in the near future for public referendum purposes, so even we layman should probably give the topic some thought.

Page generated in 0.02310 seconds with 8 queries