View Single Post
Old October 4, 2012, 12:38 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaerek
If I had a dollar for each time someone told me they thoroughly checked their bag for loose ammo and other prohibited items as I showed them the loose round of ammo (or in about 10% of cases a full box of ammo) I'd have been able to retire from the TSA after only about a year.

Of course they could have been lying. There was also that family that liked to prank each other by putting live ammo in each other's bags (what a great family!). You'd be surprised where a round of ammo can wedge itself. They can be nearly impossible to find without the help of an X-Ray machine. Which is why I always recommended getting different bags for travel or range/hunting, or at least check (as in, checked luggage) your range/hunting bag.

Having also done the job, I concur with everything said here. I can't count the number of times I found something in somebodies bag and heard "Oh my God! I've been looking for that for 2 years!"

Also concur that the OP should be glad that the officers on duty were the "right" ones for his situation. As he describes it is how it was handled at the airport I worked, which is to say basic common sense, but I can assure anyone reading this that such an outcome is the exception, not the rule.

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 8 queries