View Single Post
Old May 9, 2006, 02:47 PM   #11
sindiesel666

+1 on what Nortonics said.

Lee Classic Turret is an absolutely awesome press for someone starting out. It's not overly complicated to learn, you can disable auto-indexing if you want to so you can really control the speed.
Just be very careful not to double-charge the case that way. You'll be able easy to hit 200 rounds/hour with auto-indexing.
That guy in the Lee video is fumbling too much and doesn't have his components laid out very well, but you get the general idea how fast you can load on that press. I loaded faster on my manual-index turret press, but it all comes with practice, and for the most part I like loading slow and steady and keep the TV or radio off, to minimize distractions.

Good thing about that press is that you will not really outgrow it either. I still use my older aluminium one for small batches (200 or so) of 38 spl.
I'm planning to use for my rifle reloading as well.
I eventually got a Dillon 650, but damn, I would not recommend that one for a novice reloader at all.
Caliber change will cost you very little on LCT, even if you get the powder measure on top of the dies and turret, you're still around 50 bucks at most.

Also, Lee manual is fairly cheap and has a lot of good load data. Never hurts to have too many manuals. I think I read that Lee manual cover to cover before I even mounted my press. If you buy Lee dies, they also include the shellholder and load data as well, so it's like an extra bonus thrown in.

Page generated in 0.03271 seconds with 8 queries