View Single Post
Old February 7, 2017, 09:27 AM   #4
MrBorland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don P
Now more changes again. I'll pass. I let my membership and SO credentials lapse.
My life's priorities have been juggled a bit, so I haven't shot matches in a couple years, but even then, it seems IDPA was bent and determined to shoot themselves in the foot by giving a "Tiger Team" carte blanche to coonfinger the rule book. Unfortunately, IMO, it only dumbed-down the game even further, and the constant rule changes led to a lot of dissatisfied shooters and fewer SOs (that were already hard to come by).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don P
Then you have the die hard IDPA shooter insisting the its real life training for CCW.
Fortunately, I've not seen many of them. And of the ones I have seen, they may be "die hard", but they're typically lifetime Sharpshooter/Expert shooters. I've yet to see a really good shooter claim any shooting game is anything other than a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.m.baumgartner
do you need to reclassify at the beginning of every season or does your classification carry forward?
Well, as I wrote earlier, it's been a little while since I've shot a match, but unless they changed that as well, you only need to classify once a year (until you hit Master). So, if you shot a classifier on, say, April 1st, you're good to go until the next April 1st (if you haven't bumped to Master in the meantime).

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries