View Single Post
Old June 9, 2009, 04:02 PM   #72
JohnRaven

RE: Lock Bumping

I've seen countless videos of so called ''bumping''. This technique has been around for over 30 years, it is just now coming to the surface. Also, the real term is RAPPING, not bumping.

Also, it is not as easy as so many videos make it out to be.

As far as bumping just about 'any lock'. B.S.

There are many locks out there that are simply impossible to bump.

If you want a REAL lock with REAL security, don't buy the worthless crap you can buy at wal-mart, home depot, lowes, menards, ect ect... If you think spending $50 on a lock is a lot of money, think again... So many people expect a $50, heck, even a $25 lock to protect every possession they own...
W.T.F.

If you are going to get a deadbolt for your home, and you want a GOOD one, you are going to spend WELL over $100, easily $200.

2 Suggestions, MEDICO & MUL-T-LOCK.

They are both VERY good locks, however, I prefer the MUL-T-LOCK over the MEDICO.

http://hackaday.com/2009/05/22/marc-...ias-vs-medeco/

I personally know Mark Tobias, he was at my house just last week. He was NOT able to defeat the MUL-T-LOCK Cylinder my dad and I gave him to test out and defeat. He had this Cylinder for 6 months. Mark is the best in the business, if he can't defeat it, no one can.

As far as kicking in the door and the frame giving way, sure it can be done... You have to have a good frame, good door, and even a better lock.

my 2 cents...

Last edited by JohnRaven; June 9, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.03711 seconds with 8 queries