View Single Post
Old January 21, 2013, 02:54 PM   #17
bikerbill

I went to my local range this morning to fire my new XDs for the first time ... usually I have the place more or less to myself ... today, there were more people there than I have ever seen before in nine years of use (I know it's a holiday, but I've been there on holidays before. this was unprecedented) ... in fact, there were so many people waiting for a handgun position they were making folks take a number, like at the bakery ... on both sides of me were couples, the guy showing his companion how to shoot whatever it was they had with them ... in several other cases, it was obvious the guns were brand-new; an older gentleman three booths away had a Ruger .380 that failed to feed the first round, and he had no idea how to clear the jam; I really was concerned, so I pointed him out to a range officer, who helped him get the gun running again ... I certainly share the concern that a lot of folks who don't know what they're doing and don't care to learn are arming themselves, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and am happy to have them as new members of our community ... there is certainly strength in numbers, just keep that thing pointed downrange, please ...

Page generated in 0.02905 seconds with 8 queries