Thread: Craig's List
View Single Post
Old October 1, 2011, 05:06 AM   #25
TheDeej

I sell stuff all the time on Craigslist. I have bought guns through craigslist. We usually do that kind of transaction at a busy gas station, but I'm in the south, its not uncommon to see more than one openly carried firearm is any store you go into. I have no problem meeting someone at THEIR house, but they ain't comming to mine. And i always gotta a ccw & a back up buddy, usually in the car. I call his cell before I go in so he can hear the whole transaction from the car. Got in a tight spot once, the guy threatened to just take the car stereo I was going to sell him. I never drew my gun, I didn't have to. As soon as my buddy heard him say "ill just take it", he was in the house holding the guy down. He wasn't so tough with two of us. It also turned out this was a lady we both know well's grandson.

In Denver, when I lived there a little less that ten years ago, it differnt. We met people at who evers house. I rented a room at my apartment through cl. Heck, my next door neighbour would score marijuana off of random people just because knew the right words to look for. They also do that in the city I live now. Someone usually puts a "language explanation" in the local towns forum page, once you learn the safe words, you can get nearly anything you want from my understanding. Is it legal? No. It is an everyday occurance to find someone blatantly breaking the set rules or laws set by the community in which they are living in (be it digital or physical)? Yes. No one lifts a brow, because we are now programmed to acept the mantra "its not my problem".

Page generated in 0.02919 seconds with 8 queries