View Single Post
Old November 10, 1999, 09:37 PM   #4
Mikey

I know you said "bag" - and I don't know your range visit frequency or distance - but several of us in our local IDPA club have gone to a little different solution and find it works for us.

We have collectively acquired several different makes of the plastic toolboxes that are made to be stackable and usable as a step or seat. They are QUITE sturdy, although a little large, but no more cumbersome to carry than a large range bag made for two or more pistols.

Mine will hold 2 pistols in gun rugs, 400 rounds in plastic ammo boxes (100 rnd boxes), 1 or 2 plastic mag boxes with 6 to 8 mags each, holster and ears (sometimes if I can get away with one mag box) - all in the bottom. In the upper tray I keep 3 pairs of eyes (dark, yellow and clear), ear plugs, bottle of ibuprofin, ink pen, calculator and a few emercency tools. I think that's all.

Best of all it's sturdy and has excellent hardware - lockable for airline acceptance when travelling to far away matches - and serves as a seat while waiting your turn to shoot. All for less than $30! Got mine at K-Mart.

Mikey

Page generated in 0.03708 seconds with 8 queries