View Single Post
Old March 18, 2019, 10:15 PM   #22
kilotanker22

Since the start of this thread. I have purchased both a Winchester XPR. And a Ruger go wild.

My XPR is walnut stocked. I won't compare it to the stock on the Ruger. Although the synthetic stock on the XPR is certainly stiffer and better feeling than the Ruger.

The Stockton my Ruger is the typical cheap flimsy type. (Go wild) although the finish of the super smooth action and barrel is very good on the Ruger. The Ruger also came with a Muzzle brake.

The trigger on the Ruger is ok. The MOA trigger on the Winchester is nicer. The Accutrigger on the Axis 2 is also nicer than the Ruger trigger.

The XPR has a better recoil pad than either of the others.
The Magazine with the Winchester is also better than the Savage or the Ruger mag (exception is the Ruger that takes the AICS mag)

If I were in the market for another budget gun. It would be another XPR with a walnut stock ($500) or a Remington 700 ADL ($379 Walmart). The XPR can also be had with a synthetic stock and a 4-12 Vortex for around $500.

Just some insight from what I have been doing the last 6 weeks
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine

Page generated in 0.02229 seconds with 8 queries