View Single Post
Old August 12, 2013, 12:10 AM   #2
dakota.potts

I liked them and they gave me some things to talk about but I think they need to be taken with a grain of salt.

The way I have seen it, generally, it goes like this:

The person always fails the first time (with one notable exception)

They teach them a technique that may have been related to their failure (which is used about 50% of the time)

They succeed the second time.

There are some interesting tidbits there. During the "Random Attack" video I noticed immediate use of Jiu-Jitsu forms (like a strong side mount into a full mount) and sure enough the instructor taught the participant how to use open guard and closed guard to control an attacker. However, the participant really didn't use this "one helpful tip" at all in the second scenario.

Some things I noticed:

Those who freaked out or immediately went to the gun tended to lose the situation. A normally non lethal situation may have been escalated, or a person who immediately went for their gun was shot by the bad guy who already had theirs ready.

Those who had some kind of plan, really any kind, or anything they knew they could do to survive, tended to do better by knowing what their options were rather than "Go for the gun and hope".

At close ranges, a gun fight is just as much as a fist fight as a shoot out. You need to be able to be in control of your own body space as well as being a good shot, and familiar with shooting in alternate positions.

Page generated in 0.03780 seconds with 8 queries