View Single Post
Old March 27, 2002, 07:44 PM   #16
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Yeah, Shoney. Cracked me up. Interesting comparison between the first site and Remington.

The Shilen answer had me envisioning some guy at Shilen, "Hey, Bob! Some guy wants to know about breaking in his barrel. What'll I tell him?"

Scratching his, er, head, Bob replies, "Er, uh, well, uh, tell'im to clean it after each shot, at first, and then, er, after every two shots...Sumpn like that."

And then comes the Internet and to save dealing with umpteen repeats of the same old phone call or email, they posted their break-in deal.

I dunno. I boresight the new toy, shoot two or three times at 25 yards to make sure I'm on the paper at 100, and then two, maybe three three-shot groups at 100 yards. That's usually enough shooting to suit me, anyway. So, clean it until it's clean. I guess that's "breaking it in".

But cleaning after every round for some period, and then worrying and fiddling through some next number of rounds is way to much bother for me--and I don't hear of folks shooting all that much tighter than I've done, or killing Bambi any deader.

As long as it's more fun than work, of course...

, Art

Page generated in 0.02113 seconds with 8 queries