View Single Post
Old November 11, 2010, 01:17 AM   #54
jetboater

The R9s can be a little picky about ammo--I run WWB at the range and Gold Dots (115gr) as my carry ammo. I've put about 600 rounds thru one of mine and at least a couple of hundred thru the other (it has more than that as I bought it used.) and I've not had any feed or fire problems---they do have tight tolerances (they're basiclly CAD machined from solid blocks of aluminum alloy for the frames and solid steel for the slides) and then hand fitted. There are a few shavings that come off the slides where they slide on the rails but it's only for a few rounds as it fully breaks in and then is done.
They're kinda a love it or hate it pistol---It's difficult to field strip them and it's slow to change magazines (it has a european mag release on the heel so it's "no snag" in your pocket) and it also doesn't have a slide lock to lock it back when the mag is empty. If these are important features to someone. then this is probably not the gun for them. I don't carry an extra mag (7 rounds are fine for me) and thus the mag release location and lack of slide lockback are of no concern to me and actually make the gun simpler and slimmer to carry..
I also have HKs, Colts, Walthers, Seecamps that are all good guns , and I have no worry about the reliability of the Rohrbaugh going bang every time as well---it also comes with a lifetime warranty and the owner of the company, Eric Rohrbaugh, stands behind it totally so if you did happen to get one that had some sort of problem (it does happen--no brand, no matter how good, is 100% every time on every gun), it's fixed asap (or replaced) and back to you with no hassle or question whatsoever--and that's whether the gun is brand new or years old.
I really can't recommend both Seecamps or Rohrbaughs highly enough--the customer service, should you ever need it, is just amazing and the quality of both guns is exceptional

Page generated in 0.04230 seconds with 8 queries