View Single Post
Old October 19, 2010, 04:51 PM   #81
MTT TL

Quote:
Gee, why would anyone do that? The ccw permit is for your personal protection and family, not a permit to go vigilante, do you go out with the intention of getting into a gun fight?
No reasonable person ever does. In truth if you don't ever want to be in a gun fight this is the easiest thing in the world.

Don't carry a gun.

This won't keep you from being murdered, violated or robbed.
Quote:
Why not try to AVOID situations where a gun is needed? Avoid problem areas, why even go there?
Where do you suggest we go that is perfectly safe? School, church, government building, nursery, computer store, day care center? All these places are the sites of shootings and murders. Cemeteries are pretty safe I think.

Quote:
My cousins are LEO they have taken training for apprehension etc, it is their job. Not mine.
Apprehension is too hard, too dangerous. A single LEO will not often try to apprehend a dangerous person by himself. Certainly not an active shooter.

Quote:
I see it like this, person carries needs to know and understand the laws concerning carry, and know how to load, reload and hit a target at 7-10 yards.

Quote:
SWAT team members need advanced training. not civies.
A SWAT needs team training. Most civilians no longer need team training unless they plan on operating as a team (say husband/wife) to defend their home and family or in public. Good team training is in really short supply and even more expensive.

Page generated in 0.03144 seconds with 8 queries