View Single Post
Old April 12, 2010, 02:21 PM   #4
Dutch1911

Not to put you down on your choice of apparel.
However, I don't understand the need for your "Tac Vest". Nothing screams GUN to me more than some "dude" wearing one of these. I know I know I sound a bit harsh.
Here's my stand point, Been a tactical guy for 6 years, recently started competing in IDPA. First of all why would you want to compete in apparel you wouldn't normally wear on the street. If you do wear this apparel on the street WHY??? If you're involved in an incident, wouldn't it look silly if you're standing there in your "stuff" hot tactical vest?
I do compete as well, I don't do it for the score I do it to remain proficient and to have a good time.
I wear what I wear on the street. And... I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a little "Tac Vest" on the street. I wouldn't want to be the first guy to get shot cuz I look like a Mall Ninja. Really... train to the max, train how you roll... if its mall ninja on your agenda then so be it.
Challenge yourself... I use leather gear for concealed carry... and compete in my leather with an oversized shirt or jacket. The most I can do to blend in the better.

Dutch1911
1/*

If you aren't shooting, you better be loading.
If you aren't loading, you better be movin'.
If you aren't moving, someone's gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries