View Single Post
Old July 23, 2009, 06:17 PM   #30
csmsss

Quote:
I knew that no matter how it was worded, it would be picked apart like a chicken bone.
Then perhaps you should have kept it to yourself.

Quote:
The post was not bragging about "me" or "I" ANYWHERE, the post was from my experience, observation and knowledge of what I knew had happened in the 10 years I was part of that. I was asserting that the police DO have the upper hand by speed and surprise. You really doubt they don't? Then why do they do it the way they do and not some other way that YOU know about? You sound jealous, mad or something. Why?
Your assertion is that ALL of these SWAT and similar rapid-response teams are so capable, when the fact is the level of training and capability varies wildly from team to team. Some are full-time, and do nothing but train for their SWAT duties, whereas others are only part-time or, worse, overtime SWAT teams that can't even assemble in less than 30 minutes (I happen to know this is the case with the Beaumont PD team). They are as competent as their training and equipment allow them to be, but not all police departments are funded sufficiently to develop this capability.

Quote:
That being said, sorry the CERT and SWAT boys don't wimper and pout about how can they possibly get into a house where they're not wanted.
I never said they do this behavior. You're raising a strawman here, to what end I cannot discern.

Quote:
Can you give me one instance where they just gave up and left, totally clueless and unable to gain an entry or resolve the situation. What can you share from all your experinces in this matter? And I'm not talking about what you read in a magazine either or saw on your favorite TV show. How many entries have YOU done? Please edify us.
Again, another strawman. I never suggested they ever do this. My point is that they are not each and every one the crack team of operators you suggest they are. If anyone is speaking as though his sole exposure to SWAT teams is through magazines and TV shows, it's you, sir (or madam, as the case may be).

Quote:
Why do a very few % here always think the police are so inept, incapable or stupid?
Why do a very few % here (like you, perhaps?) think that citizens are so inept, incapable or stupid?

Quote:
The police ain't perfect, but there is a stiff penalty when they're not.
Sometimes. Other times, not so much.

Page generated in 0.02593 seconds with 8 queries