View Single Post
Old May 12, 2008, 12:04 PM   #28
Keltyke

What are some of these cretins thinking? The first thing I'da done was wet my pants. Being 6'2" and 280 with no "backup" in me, the second thing I'da done was whip the guys hiney severely with the nearest hard object! Barring that, I'd fur sur have him arrested for assault, making terrorist threats, brandishing a firearm and anything else my lawyer could think of.

Dear gawd, they don't realize how quickly "hey, it ain't loaded" can go to "Gee, Officer, I thought it wasn't loaded."

I'll give y'all an object lesson on this. Back when I was about 22 and working as a security guard, I had my first open carry license, and I wore a S&W 4" .357 mag. loaded with JHPs. It was about 3 o'clock on third shift at a warehouse one night. All the TV stations had long gone off, I'd eaten my supper, and read all the material I'd brought. I was a little sleepy and bored to tears. I was sitting in the guard shack (and I DO mean shack). I had my gun out and unloaded and was dry-firing it at "targets" around the room. I reloaded and reholstered. A few minutes later, I pulled it out again. I aimed at a door jamb and (did you catch what I didn't do?) and pulled the trigger. KABOOM! Damn, a .357 is LOUD in the dead of night! Yup, I'd forgotten to unload it again. I almost wet myself as the JHP magnum shot a hole clean through two 2 x 4s, a drywall, a piece of sheet tin, and kept going, who knows where. After I got my heart out of my throat, I reholstered and left it there! That's the LAST time I EVER "played" with a gun, and the last time I negligently dry-fired one.

These things aren't toys, it can happen to anyone, people. "Let's be safe out there."

Last edited by Capt. Charlie; May 12, 2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Offensive language removed.

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries