View Single Post
Old February 10, 2006, 11:16 AM   #102
springmom

absolutely right

+1 to Blackwater OPS and Rob P. Sorry SRT Dog, but if you are alone and are holding a family member at gunpoint and there is no indication at all that you are a police officer, then as far as I know you are a bad guy and I will protect my family. If you don't want that to happen, don't be a lone ranger making an arrest in plainclothes.

Think: let's say for the moment that I am stupid enough to engage you in conversation. You call me a f***ing retard and tell me you're a cop. That's funny...why on earth should I believe you? You look like a street tough, you talk like a street tough, you are not making an arrest in anything that even approaches normal police procedure...you want ME to drop my gun????

No way.

Oh yes: additionally, every police officer I have ever had ANY contact with (a couple of times pulled over, one ticket, the miserable affair with Youngest Son being assaulted recently, etc), every single officer has been courteous, polite, and even when I was an idiot and make an illegal left turn onto my college campus never so much as raised his voice, let alone calling me a "f***ing retard". If that's your normal mode of speech in your job, you need a vacation or a new job, because one fine day, you'll say that to somebody that has enough clout with somebody in your city to get your butt fired. And you will deserve it.

Springmom

home on the web:
www.panagia-icons.net (my webpage)
www.nousfromspring.blogspot.com (Orthodoxy)

"I couldn't hear you. Stop firing the gun while you're talking!" Frank Drebin, The Naked Gun

Page generated in 0.03854 seconds with 8 queries