View Single Post
Old July 25, 1999, 06:40 PM   #1
Sid Post

I am looking at bare frames and slides for a standard single stack 5 inch Government Model 1911.

I have considered Rock River, Caspian, Les Baer, and (if they ever release them) Infinity in general. Who else have I forgotten....

There are so many companies making these parts and pieces, it seems you can get a very good value and the parts you want, they way you want them. But, it is also hard to sort them all out from each other.

In frames, it would appear that you want a 4140 billet steel model with a checkered front strap and bevertail grip safety cut with the high grip frame relief at the trigger guard. What have I missed? Who do you recommend?

In slides, it would appear a bar stock 4140 model would be best. I'm thinking I want the top of the slide flatten'ed and serrated beyond the standard stock slide features. What have I missed? Who do you recommend?

Would there be any hidden problems combining a slide from one maker to a frame from another? Perhaps I would be better off with something like a Kimber base model, give up the front strap checkering and slide with serrated top and just toss the barrel?

What I want is a 460 Rowland Government Model 1911 without canabalizing one of my current guns. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it all happen cost effectively. It seems Clark Custom is working this direction for their "packaged" pistol solution.

Thanks,
Sid

Page generated in 0.03663 seconds with 8 queries