View Single Post
Old October 12, 2018, 04:34 PM   #18
Charlie98

Quote:
...but in 2018 the .41 Mag or .41 Special has no place. No one is going to make a revolver specifically based around .41
I've always thought that if S&W made a 5-shot .41MAG on the L-frame, they would have a winner on their hands. I don't know if the L-frame is sturdy enough for a steady diet of full-house .41MAG loads, even with today's metallurgy. There is always the nebulous '.41SPC' make-believe cartridge, but I don't think it would do anything more or less than the already extant .44SPC.

The .41 is alive and well... Henry just kicked out their lever-action rifle in .41, Marlin has made them (I have one,) and there are umpteen different .41 pistols out there, both new and used. As much as I don't care for Ruger's wheel guns (I've had very bad luck with them...) they put out a pretty fair variety of .41 revolvers, all things considered. Is it going to be adopted soon by the Smalltown, USA police department? ...probably not, but it has it's place in Gundom, so the .429MAG better keep it's distance.

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries