View Single Post
Old October 6, 2018, 07:34 PM   #9
unclejack37

Hey guys thanks for the come back. Like I said I like discussing guns. Allow me to address some of the responses.

Fragmenting bullets are not gimmick bullets check out this u-tube gel test
https://youtu.be/xh_Xudx_9cE
And at 21 FEET the difference in trajectory isn't worth worrying about. At 25 YARDS, it can be a different matter.
If you shoot a bad guy 25 yards away instead of running in the other direction and claim self defense you better have a damn good lawyer. That's 75 feet away!

Contradictory statement. It is a training issue, not an ammunition issue. Practice failure drills. Carry enough gun, sorry a 380 is marginal at best.
In the opening statement I said I use a Beretta nano it's a 9mm not a 380 and I do use the defensive ammo in my training secessions. The picture shows one of those training secessions. When ever I decide to switch defensive ammo I always run a box or 2 thru my EDC to make sure it cycles. The one thing I do want to do now is carry a larger capacity of ammo, like 14 rds instead of 8 rds. I'm looking at a Sig P320 15 rds.

Just because someone uses something different or does things different doesn't mean it right or wrong or everyone should do it this way or that way. It all breaks down to how it works for you. Are you comfortable with it and are you willing to bet your life on it if you have to.
For me I'm very comfortable with the defensive ammo I carry. From the responses I got I don't think anyone else uses different defensive ammo in their EDC. It seems most depend on the JHP only. What about the new RIP bullet from G2RAmmo, its 95 grs https://youtu.be/mJGH7cDFw7c
What about using polymer bullets along with JHP. Winchester Hybrid-X, 9mm
I'll be the first to say that JHP is one of the most used and very effective defensive ammo, but more and more law enforcement agencies are switching to more modern and more effective bullets like the RIP and fragmenting bullets.There's been a lot of times when the Hollow Point did not mushroom and just went in and out without slowing down the bad guy. Just something else to think about.

Last edited by unclejack37; October 6, 2018 at 08:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.03120 seconds with 8 queries