Thread: New CHL!
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2014, 09:23 PM   #18
smokehouse4444

Well...I've been able to carry this week and I found out some things. First thing; wiith the scrubs, the fanny pack is definitely the solution. I was thinking that I might just use a regular waist pack and modify it a bit, then I saw a video by Nutnfancy on Youtube and there he was discussing that exact topic. I noticed that people don't seem to pay that much attention with this set-up because it just looks more natural to need one when in scrubs. I put my phone and keys in the front pocket...and the pack is virtually undetectable. I've just been using one that I've had for years to wear on occasion when biking, but I am on the look out for one that fits what I want and modify it.

Second thing; while wearing cargo shorts or carpenter jeans the little Kahr 9 works very well in a pocket holster. That is the easiest way to carry for me, just like picking up your wallet and keys. Going to buy a Desantis SuperFly instead of the cheaper one I have now.

Third thing; I do not like IWB 4 o'clock position. Very uncomfortable and the butt seems to stick out. I much prefer the cross-draw. I know, I know...lots of people don't like it, and I get the reasons why, but it works for me better. With particular Martial Arts responses, it tends to bring the gun up the line of an attacker anyway for me. I am looking at the Crossbreed holster...like a Super Tuck or something for a good quality holster that can handle the size and weight of my SIG P245. I also have been given a name of a guy that makes some excellent holsters for a good price, so I might have him build me one.

Last edited by smokehouse4444; May 5, 2014 at 07:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries