Thread: Paddle Holsters
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2005, 12:36 PM   #6
clt46910

I use paddle holsters often and have for a number of years. I use to run in and out of goverment locations a lot. Now a days it is more schools and courthouses. I have found that the cheaper ones do not work well. The two I use the most are a Safariland for my Sig 228 and a Binachi #56L for my Mod 66. I have used both with thinner dress belts without a problem.

The Safariland has a hook that will catch under your belt if it decides to try and come out with the gun. I have had that happen a couple of times but was only when I wore a very thin belt and was not very tight. The holster only rode up a little bit and the plastic hook caught. Not really a problem to me. Not sure the Model number on this holster, but has 5181 K93 on the back of it.

The Binachi uses a stiff paddle covered in rough leather but I mostly wear this holster with bluejeans and a thicker belt so it does hold rather well. I don't remember drawing the gun the couple times I wore it with dress pants and thinner belts. I do know it is not easy to take off without unbuckling my belt.

I have a Fobus for the Sig and it works quite well but I find the Safariland more comfortable to wear.

Have you thought about putting a small piece of velcro on the paddle toward your pants, between the holster and paddle? The velcro may grab the material of your pants enough to keep the holster in place. I do this with the consoles I use in my mini-van. I use only the hook side and the stick-on type. It keeps the aftermarket consoles from sliding around on the carpet. Might work on your paddle holster.

Page generated in 0.02174 seconds with 8 queries