View Single Post
Old April 8, 2021, 08:37 AM   #3
Pistoler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglum View Post
The vast majority of people you run into everyday are paying you no attention. You could probably open carry and they would not notice.
Depends on who you are, no? Try saying this of the buxom blonde in aisle 9 of the supermarket, open carrying. I guess this is true for us plain looking (male) folk. Women get checked out way more than us guys (I think, I hope I am not being sexist for saying this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglum View Post
you will draw the attention of some people and the people who are most likely to notice are the people you are least likely to want to draw the attention of.

The first group is other gun people and it may cause some random idiot to decide that your 5.11 pants (there are a gazillion brands of "Tactical" clothing out there. Why is it always 5.11s?) make you a kindred spirit. There is a guy who posts on the S&W forum who claims that when he sees somebody wearing the "Tactical Tuxedo" he calls them out on it in public just to be a jerk. If I can avoid that kind of interaction in my life why not wearing 5.11 pants I'm all for it.

The second group is Cops. The guy who started the discussion on Glock Talk said "Cops notice people who dress like them and criminals notice people who dress like cops." and it makes sense.

I try not to wear "Tactical" anything. There's a lot of people in Colorado Springs that dress like they do all their shopping at REI. Generic cargo pants just fade right into the background. I went to an appointment a year or so ago with my audiologist. I remember sitting in the waiting room with my wife and I looked around and I realized there were two other guys in the room with us and all three of us were wearing the same kind of pants (Walmart Wrangler Cargos) The only difference was the color. I stood out like a Cheerio in a bowl of Cheerios.
I didn't even know what 5.11 pants were, I had to look them up, they look cool.

Carhartt and other cargo pants are equally functional imo and have more of a working class, less conspicuous tactical look.

Yeah, it is the Colorado look : ) Also bicycling outfits, but good luck trying to conceal anything in those tight biking shorts ha ha.

Last edited by Pistoler0; April 8, 2021 at 08:56 AM.

Page generated in 0.02153 seconds with 8 queries