View Single Post
Old March 6, 2021, 01:43 PM   #15
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I have no doubt that there are at least a few people out there who have made a firearm from an 80% receiver because they could not legally buy a firearm.
Quite probably. But that would be a crime, no matter if they used an 80% frame/receiver or dug the raw ore from the ground and refined it to for use.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are a prohibited person, you cannot legally POSSESS, buy, or build a firearm for yourself.

The entire argument that "bad guys" will make guns from 80% receivers and therefore we should restrict them is a red herring.

As to the ATF raiding some businesses over "80% receivers", is also a bit of "spun" information. What is not being made clear is (as far as I can determine at this time) that 80% receivers are Fed legal, and parts kits are Fed legal, BUT including the underfinished receiver IN a parts kit (so that all needed parts are in a single source kit) can turn that "kit" into a firearm under Fed law. Something certain "parts kit" sellers are not licensed to sell (and ship to a non -FFL).

I understand the matter is still pending a court decision, but it could very well be that in this matter, under existing law, the ATF is right.

Page generated in 0.02990 seconds with 8 queries