View Single Post
Old August 31, 2005, 08:46 PM   #8
USP45usp

Just to expand, here is what I have in my BOB (and I forgot about meds since I can only get 30 days at a time, I may well talk with my doc about being able to get 90 day supply):

First aid kit
Doctors kit (everything but the drugs and you can't get those)
Two leathermans
One inexpensive sheath knife
One "cat claw" (used for skinning)
Four (I need 6 at least) "space blankets" (mainly for winter use)
Tablets that clean water
Boyscout "camp" set (pan, plate, silverwear, pot, bowl) x 3 (need more, can they be gotten still?)
Zippo, silver (for reflection) and lighter fluid
Matches (back up)
2 mag lights
2 packs batteries (they are in the fridge, hope I can get to them)

In addition I have:

2 Fire extinguishers
2 boxes MRE's (actually 1.5, I've been cheating on making dinner on some nights ) so I need more.
1 three person tent (may boost that up to two)
1 propane stove
1 case (6 bottles) of propane
2 five gallon size water (not bottles, the big ones) water. Changed out every month (yeah, should be changed every two weeks)
1 coleman (should boost to two) lateran

Arms:

There is enough room in my Impala for all my arms, and the BOB as well as the rest. A trunk can be packed . In my Firebird if I had to take for whatever reason, I would have no room but for one person and the cat.

All arms (over 30+)
200 rounds .45, 200 rounds 9mm, and at least 50 rounds of all calibers owned just for bugging out. Over 1000 rounds of .22.

I know that I should have sleeping bags but they are bulky and take up space. That is why I have the "space blankets" because they are small, take up less room, and will protect in cold weather. I do have a "carpet" that I take to line the tent, that is good enough for the equipment that I have.

Food:

Canned. They can can anything and everything now. I have High Blood Pressure and most canned stuff is 20%+ salt. I'll take my chances if need be, the MRE's are high also but at this point in time, I really don't think that it matters much until I can start providing on my own.

Guns are great, they will help you survive, but you have to think about a plan. Here in Eugene Oregon, other then the volcano in Yellow Stone (and if it goes super, I don't have a chance anyway) or a terrorist attack, I probably am going overboard.

But with Y2K (which I didn't believe but got stuff anyway), the threat of a terrorist attack, Yellow Stone, Mt. Saint Helens, etc.., I believe that it's better to be safe than sorry.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.03331 seconds with 8 queries