View Single Post
Old March 30, 2020, 04:04 AM   #1
simo

98 fs factory sights, have these been painted by the previous owner?

Hi guys, a question about my beretta 98fs in 9x21, it was produced in 1993 (that's why it has m9 sights on it). I bought it used, like new. It is one of the older models without the slanted frame, it's the straight one. While cleaning it i noticed that the white painting on the front and on the rear sights is pretty imprecise and gross, more than on my 84fs, which by the way is much newer (i bought it new 2 years ago). On my 92fs the painting is a bit more bright and, in the fromt soghts dot, there is a sort of little hole, maybe due to a bubble. Is this difference due to different painting procedure by beretta throughout the years or do you think the previous owner painted the sights? plus, both the front sight dot and the rear sight hafmoon are decenteres but this is because the incisions where the paint should go are decentered too. I can't see any sort of old painting under the new one on its sides. I'll post some pics from my gun. Please reply only if you have a direct experience with these pistols.
Thank you very much in advance

P.S.: i posted a similar thread on another forum, i'm asking here for further investigation since i didn't find anyone with a 1993 92fs/m9 to compare.

i'm having problems posting pics, i'll try to figure out how to do so

Last edited by simo; March 30, 2020 at 04:07 AM. Reason: pics

Page generated in 0.03494 seconds with 8 queries