View Single Post
Old September 12, 2011, 11:35 PM   #8
Ringolevio

"In the Gravest Extreme" should be required reading

C0untZer0:
Quote:
Also he said in the interview he intended to kill him. That's a mistake, he should read "Gravest Extreme" and practice saying things like "I was in fear for my life" and "I thought they were going to kill me, I only fired to save myself" and things like that...
This is so very true, and excellent advice! Read the book and you'll learn that it's equally inadvisable to say "I was only trying to scare/wound him". It's probably most advisable to just zip your lip, especially when it comes to talking to the press.

Massad Ayoob says [in Chapter 17]:
Quote:
MAKE NO STATEMENTS WHATEVER TO THE PRESS. Newsmen have found that murder sells more papers than justifiable homicide, and shooting incidents tend to become distorted by the time they reach the printed page. You may think that you'll be treated like a hero for killing a criminal. You're probably wrong.
Here's something I cannot state more strongly: Anyone reading this forum who has not read "In the Gravest Extreme" is, as an armed citizen, seriously educationally-deprived!

My advice would be to immediately procure a copy of this book (it was written circa 1980 but is still in print and still eminently relevant) and immediately read it!

Page generated in 0.03485 seconds with 8 queries