View Single Post
Old September 28, 2017, 09:51 PM   #22
OhioGuy

SimTrainer in Dayton is where I got to try it. It's a member's only range. I expect they'll be widely available everywhere soon enough.

Holding it next to the full-size, I was really kind of surprised that the shrinkage is so minor. Length difference is practically negligible, and grip length isn't changed THAT much either.

It's clear they're taking direct aim at Glock here, so if they continue the trend and produce a G26 competitor, where the dimensions are appreciably smaller but can use extended magazines, they'll have something that I would truly be interested in. The 5" grip isn't hard to conceal AIWB (which is how I usually carry) but the 7"+ length is a bear to deal with when riding down the front. And carrying strong-side, the length is no longer a problem but a 5" grip prints like crazy in the kinds of clothing I wear.

The "perfectly sized" guns for me so far have been the XD Mod.2 Subcompact, and PX4 subcompact (which I ended up not choosing, but the size is truly livable). Short muzzles, 13 round capacities. G26 with a 12 round is great too--but for some reason I just don't like the way the G26 fits my hand.

Anyways, that's all irrelevant--I suspect an M2.0 in a comparable size would be something that would fit a real need for a lot of people. The 1.0 compact was a great size, I thought.

It's a very good shooter, though, and it felt "better" to me (and I shot better with it) than the Gen5 G19 I'd used just a week earlier.

Page generated in 0.03815 seconds with 8 queries