View Single Post
Old July 17, 2008, 03:05 PM   #16
SecDef

Quote:
I do see a telling absence of the usual left leaning members in this thread. No SecDef, PBP, or FwdAss explaining the misrepresentation here.
Do you really think that every time I don't post in a thread there is tacit acceptance? You really don't understand that I am a centrist? Go figure. But I guess you care about what I think so I will make a statement for you.

I see nothing wrong with the statements made by Obama. I find them in no way apologetic for terrorists. At no time was there an indication that they should be forgiven their deeds. There was a thought that we should probably try and determine why they sprouted up; as it is not human nature to have such lack of empathy towards human beings.

There is no indication that the blame rests in the hands of the US. It is squarely on the shoulders of those that committed the acts.

Quote:
Oh, the poor poor Islamic terrorist, if only they could have more empathy they would not be so mad at us. Perhaps, we should give them all our treasure (we are, oil & dollars), educate them (we are, free education) and give them all jobs (we are, overseas migration of manufacturing) so they would not think about hurting us. For, according to BHO, their actions stem from poverty and ignorance.

Can you believe this man? With these intrinsic beliefs should BHO lead America and for that matter Western civilization as we know it?
No, I can't believe this man that you misrepresented. When I read his actual wording and not your false paraphrasing, it's fine.

Why would you condemn a man for trying to determine the cause and motivations of an enemy? Not doing so is supremely stupid.

Page generated in 0.03691 seconds with 8 queries