View Single Post
Old October 7, 2022, 10:01 PM   #32
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
And yet people (at the invitation of the OP, it must be noted) are still making up their own definitions instead of using the accepted ones--as if the terms are open to redefinition--as if making up personal definitions is constructive instead of destructive or as if knowing various personal definitions is enlightening instead of confusing.
Could you explain how asking people what they consider a safety or "the safety" is, in any way inviting them to create their own definitions?

What brought about my asking the question was someone referring to a "magazine disconnect safety".

I recognize what a magazine disconnect is, and what it does, and how it prevents the gun from firing, but I don't in any way consider it a "safety" or even a safety feature. SO, I was asking what other people considered to be a safety.

The result has been...interesting, with some people essentially thinking along the same lines I do, and others considering anything that either prevents the gun from firing or allows safe carry to be a "safety" in their view.

Page generated in 0.02776 seconds with 8 queries