View Single Post
Old September 15, 2011, 12:07 PM   #22
mrray13

C0unterZer0, I got a nice laugh out of your post, lol. Although I can carry pretty much everywhere in the US, including Illinois, there are even a few places state/county/city and maybe even some federal level LEOs can't carry.

On most flights.

In most, if not all, Federal Court houses.

Cruise ships.

And that's about it. And the cruise ship/plane thing, I'm not 100% certain about. I can take a class to certify to carry on a plane, but was told that it didn't carry weight on a Federal level.

Also, an Illinoisian, with a valid FOID, can indeed carry on their person, a concealed weapon when they meet the FOID card requirement and the unloaded and secured in a case requirement. Does that mean you won't get charged in some local areas? Nope. As I've read here, I wouldn't do it nowhere up north around Chicago/Cook County. But, it is indeed legal to do so, at the State level anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee n. field
(Illinois has no provision for concealed carry outside one's own residence or fixed place of business. Open carry only in unincorporated rural areas.)
Mind pointing out where any statue says you can open carry in unincorporated areas? I've got my Illinois Criminal and Traffic Law Manual right here next to me, would be great to verify what you just typed.

Also, as pointed out, in Illinois, as a resident and valid FOID card holder, you can indeed carry concealed, if you have met all requirements, and not be breaking a state law. Local ordinance, well, whole other ball game.

But I know of no statue that allows for open carry. If it exists, great!! But let's make sure of that, and not mis-inform anyone.

*edit*

Just googled it, found this, which confirms lee n. field's post. Still looking for actual statute for those that care, lol.

Page generated in 0.03584 seconds with 8 queries