View Single Post
Old August 28, 2002, 10:52 AM   #2
slymule

justinh,

Just received two days ago my new Leica 1200 rangefinder that I bought from them. Shipping was prompt and they arrived in excellent condition. Here's the only thing I didn't like about dealing with them - I called and got their price, asked about their shipping price (it was ridiculous, I thought), I complained about how much they charged then finially said okay I'll buy them and gave them my Visa card number. THEN the guy asked me if I wanted to purchase a carrying case for it for $12.99. I laughed and told him that you could buy a cheap pair of $20. binoculars and they still threw in a carrying case, and I knew darn well that they gave you one when you bought a $400. rangefinder. He swore they didn't, I said "piss on it, then cancel my order". Before I could hang up he offered to throw in the carrying case and cut the shipping price in half, so I took the deal. Don't let them snow you into pulling something similar. Last year I bought the Pentax DCF WP binoculars from AAA Camera, in NY. and they do come with a carrying case. You might try their prices as well although Hot Buy was only a dollar cheaper on the price of the rangefinder. AAA Camera took twice as long to ship. Gotta love those prices though! Oh by the way, you're gonna absolutely love those Pentax binos.

Page generated in 0.02919 seconds with 8 queries