View Single Post
Old October 4, 2011, 11:53 AM   #20
Patriot86

Call me the knight in shining armor but in a single active shooter situation with no friends or family I would feel compelled to protect women and children. I am not a LEO but I could not live with myself if as an armed citizen I hid while I knew someone was offing women and little kids right near me. I am not talking about running across a mall to confront a shooter but if the shooter was within range and threatening a group of women and children I think most of you LEOS or not would act.

Remember though, not all active shooter situations are created equal.

The thing I have war-gamed in my head though many many times and I can still not think of an easy outcome was a multiple active shooter attack on a place like a mall or shopping center. Maxim Magazine(I know you are all starting to laugh right about now) had an article a couple of years after 9/11 that stuck with me. The article detailed just how easy it would be for terrorist types, using only small arms or other easily obtainable things to inflict mass casualties. The one that stuck out was a multiple shooter in a mall scenario, where you have several groups of two working from multiple entrances basically corralling people towards each other for the slaughter. That is one case where hide is probably the best and only real option.

Page generated in 0.02675 seconds with 8 queries