View Single Post
Old December 13, 2001, 08:31 PM   #9
twix

An Update

I sent an email to Remington, and they said they will reply within three business days (I asked them if I could get a 21" turkey barrell only). Meanwhile, I called my favorite gun shop, they said they could get me a 21" barrell for $170, a Remington Express for $239 or a 21" Turkey Express for $289. Hmmm. Plan! A friend and shooting buddy has expressed an interest in an Express, and he likes the 28" barrell on mine. I taked to him today, and he is willing to buy the Turkey Express, I'll pay him the difference between that and the regular Express, and we'll swap barrells. I don't really need the 28" barrell and it will save me over $100. If I ever get serious about any clay sports, well, I'll just have to get a serious shotgun for it, right (I bet you all are easier to convince than my wife!)?* Only downside is that it probably won't happen until January. Will leave me some time to ponder the other mods. Should I ask questions here or start a new thread? And thanks for the guidance, folks. *Note for Dave and any other serious 870 devotees, I didn't mean to imply that the 870 isn't a serious scattergun, please take no offense. Often those of us with lesser skills will try to cover up our deficiencies with technology.

Page generated in 0.02486 seconds with 8 queries