View Single Post
Old November 17, 2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Bluesfan

recently attacked by man with cane

I realize that a similar thread was closed. If the Mods feel the need to close this one no offense will be taken.
About 2 weeks ago when leaving court after a sentancing hearing that did not go well for my client, I exited the court house to talk to my clients wife and family. Behind me I heard one of the family members yelling threats at me.
When I turned to address this person I met with the butt end of a cane about 12 inches from my face and an extremely angry older person on the other end of the cane. I ordered him to put down the cane a advised him not to threaten me. He refused to put down the cane and said that these were not threats and that I was going to pay for what happened in court.
I was about to grab the cane and disarm him when court security came out and diffused the situation.
Since I was leaving the courthouse I did not have my carry pistol with me. However, had this happened on the parking lot,and I had been close to my carry pistol I would have had to make a very difficult choice in a big hurry.
My point is that while this person was much older than I was he "got the drop on me" and I could have been very badly injured.
Please keep in mind that a person who is in a blind rage and has a weapon can hurt you in a second regardless of that persons age or physical condition.
A cane cane be a deadly weapon. I believe that given this persons state of mind and had I been away from courthouse security that force in kind would have been justified.

Page generated in 0.03792 seconds with 8 queries