View Single Post
Old July 11, 1999, 09:52 AM   #7
fubsy

1. Decide if your willing to put the time energy and dedication into learning. If you are find a martial arts traininghall/dojo or a boxing school or a jujitsu hall.....all of the martial arts have techniques that work, most people dont learn or worse dont train how they are going to fight(kinda like shooting),.....I dont know what area of the country your in but in my area there are many martial "arts" academys/doj0's....In my mid 30's I took up issinryu, and never regretted it, I never acquired a high skill level(belts), but I fought three days a week, mostly against the black belts as our classes were quite small, I experienced 4 or 5 cracked ribs, seperated left shoulder and pulled ligaments in the right hand, sounds horrible right.........I loved every minute of it, I came to the fighting arts late in life so I was already out of my prime so to speak, but what I learned and what I can do gives me quite a bit of satisfaction,...isshinryu is a complete system, and is very fight oriented not only do they do standup style of fighting they encorporate jujitsu techniques as well, along the pressure point strikes and akido style techniques............My only regret is I didnt find them sooner.......later fubsy.

Page generated in 0.02068 seconds with 8 queries