View Single Post
Old November 13, 2009, 11:08 AM   #6
longlane

Champion Safe Co.

Just bought a Champion--it had longer burn times, the weight we wanted, and a decent price. Check them out online: http://www.championsafe.com/ Bought mine at Shooter's Choice in Columbia, SC, picked it up, placed it, and bolted it down myself. They knocked $50 off to get to my price point, and I have two dessicant canisters and the bullfrog VCI. So far, so good. Worth the money, and worth the time. Go mechanical lock and good steel. In short, you get what you pay for. We've had cases in our rural area of chainsaws being used on exterior walls to cut out behind a safe (often the chainsaws are taken from the same property), a truck is parked outside (fences have been taken down), and the safe is merely tipped into the truck and gone in 10 minutes or less. We've a modular, and the safe is bolted w/ a mixture of grade 5 bolts and others to the I-beams. Also, don't leave ammo in the safe. In a fire, cookoffs can destroy guns easily (esp. in multi-story burns). Hope this helps, though there's enough info. on safes online with a thousand perspectives to cause headspin.

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries