Thread: .243 Silencer??
View Single Post
Old June 29, 2009, 07:21 AM   #22
SSG-Gibb

[QUOTE] I have very effectively loaded subsonic .308 using 150gr and 180gr cast bullets and fast burning pistol
powders such as red dot and bullseye. They are very accurate in the 50-70yd range (less than 1 inch). [QUOTE]

Although I do NOT as yet have any experience with suppressors, I have been trying to bone up on my reading so as to get the best can for my money in .45 acp, 223, and 308. I Love my 243 and wondered the same question. But from the reading I've been doing (and correct me if I'm wrong ) but doesn't the manufacturer tend to VOID the warranty if you use cast bullets? I HAVE been casting under the tutelage of my father "who has well over 40 years of experience on the subject" for better then 20 year and know that Using different types of lead such as Linotype and antimony make a bullet that CAN NOT be scratched with with out a pocket knife, and as such require no gas check for lighter loads even in rifles. But is it a safe practice to use even a well cast alloy bullet with a can?

P.s. I love the great wealth of knowledge here, thanks

Page generated in 0.03169 seconds with 8 queries