View Single Post
Old December 16, 2013, 08:19 PM   #6
papershotshells

That would be a more than fair price around here (NE Ohio), at least at gun shops (gun shows are SOMETIMES a bit better).

I routinely see BEAT UP Enfields here, sporterized, butchered, missing mags, etc for $300 (or even more).

In fact, the last SMLE I saw in a shop was in a pawn shop a month or 2 ago. It had the military stock cut into a pretty rough looking sporter configuration, the bluing was worn and I think it was missing a part for the rear sight. None of the numbers matched either and the asking price was $399.00!!! And this particular pawn shop is normally very much in line with price on most guns, as they do a large part of their business in guns and have a couple of knowledgeable guys that work there. In fact, I buy a lot of guns from them and find their prices to be fair, so I'm guessing that their price on that Enfield was typical for the local market (it didn't last long at that price).

Bottom line, It would have to be a REALLY rough Enfield before I'd pass on it at $175.00. In fact, I'd love to buy a COUPLE of beater Enfields for that price, if I could find them.

Papershotshells

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries