View Single Post
Old August 11, 2013, 11:49 AM   #16
m&p45acp10+1

I personaly saw a round detonate in the brass barrel last week. It was over two minutes after it was ejected, and thrown in barrel. It was old German surplus. The gun was a converted MG42 converted to semi auto. He waited 30 seconds before clearing the round. He tossed the dud into the brass barrel. A couple of minutes later a cease fire for target check was called. While everyone was getting ready to go down range there was a pop sound, and I turned intime to see some brass flying out of the low topped barrel. Some pieces of the shrapnel of the offending case were found in the bottom.

After that the guy pulled all of the rounds out of the links, and replaced them with factory new stuff. He kept the old stuff to make a few belts of show ammo for display. The head stamps were marked 44 with some other stuff. So I am going to guess it was made in 1944. I am unsure of caliber, as none had caliber marking. I wish I had kept one to take a pic of.

Page generated in 0.02437 seconds with 8 queries