Thread: Single actions
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2013, 09:36 PM   #42
mordis

I must have numb hands.. I remember my first CAS event. I had no equipment and had to borrow everything. The first handguns I used where New model vaqs on the .357 frame. Newer guns. He had them worked on and polished up nicely.

The action felt smooth and fast and nearly perfect. The next stage I got to shoot a traditional action with a similar level of work done to it. I honestly could not feel a perceptible difference. They both felt smoth and quick. If I had to choose, id pick the new vaq, due to it being the safer of the 2 guns. I want that last round. It just feels weird having a empty charge hole. It needs to be filled with something. I firmly feel that if whats his name from Colt(it was not Sam colt, but I cant remember the name of the original designer) who designed the gun wanted one charge hole to be left empty and turned into safety hole, he would not have bored it out completely and would have called it such.

Honestly, while the trigger on a SAA feels good, it is a step backwards in firearms safety. Prior to that, most percussion guns had some kind of safety. Be it a actual notch between chambers or a pins between chambers, they all had something. Looking at contemporary European firearms designs of the period, a lot of them had better safety measures then the backwards step that was the SAA. Granted not all of them, but a good many were did.

Page generated in 0.03302 seconds with 8 queries