View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 01:07 PM   #18
lamarw

I agree with a vast majority of your comments Michael. I assure you they were not the cause of the failure with my Bersa. I did return the pistol to a major gun store in my area from which I had purchased the pistol new within a short time of buying the pistol. They charged me between thirty and forty bucks to send it to a Bersa repair gunsmith.

I think a good warranty should include covering shipping cost when the warranty repair has been examined and aggreed with as a warranty repair by the manufacturer's represenative.

I call foul on the mention of the "grip issue" (over-tighten the right grip) you surfaced above. If this is a problem as you indicated, then Bersa should address it as a recall issue and/or mention it in their literature to new owners. It certainly meets the definition of "latent defect". I hope they have fixed the problem. Do you know whether they have or not?

I can only consider myself lucky since the failure with my pistol occurred on the range and not when needed as a defensive carry. I did buy the pistol for my wife as a concealed carry. A lot of Bersa's are bought for personal carry purposes.

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries