View Single Post
Old June 29, 2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Retired15T

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown
How could you possibly get that from what I wrote?
I often have to ask for clarification of things people write, and sometimes about what I personally write, due to a Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury I received in Iraq in 2004. After my brain surgery stateside to fix the blood vessels that had been damage and were leaking blood, I had to relearn math (tested @ 3rd grade level), writing (tested @ 5th grade level), and how to use my left side. Prior to my injury, I was a Helicopter Quality Control guy with beyond college level writing/reading and pretty fair math.

I've learned since my injury to not just rattle off things or assume I'm correct on things I used to know very well. I still have to remind myself of that quite often and have had to do so once already since becoming a member here.

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. Quite the opposite. I would rather you know up front that I deal with some cognitive issues at times. Please be patient with me if I ask for clarification on something.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.02253 seconds with 8 queries