View Single Post
Old February 1, 2009, 02:15 PM   #146
Playboypenguin

Quote:
If you want to dislike him - that's thread drift which isn't useful. Mas is a member here - PM or e-mail him for a reference if one wants to.
In this case, his credibility is relevant. I do not dislike him or his writings. I find them entertaining. However, his writings are being used in this case to validate a reason for the general citizen to carry multiple weapons. Something I have no issue with either. Since his writings are being used as a reference, the validity and basis for those opinions is fair game. He puts himself in the public light so he has to be able to address criticism of his opinions. Just as we all do when we post on this public forum. I would bet that every one of us here has had to defend our positions and provide basis for our ideas more than once on this forum.

He often discusses personal experience that would back up his ideals, but I seldom see any proof of these experiences. I also see lots of people dispute his claims and I never see him address these disputes. Which is fine, he is not required to do so...but that does not change the fact that the disputes are made and no evidence is there to support his claims.

In this case, he claims you should carry a second gun so you can arm a second person. I not only find this a bit outlandish but also a bit on the irresponsible side. I would never hand a loaded gun to a stranger. Surely he has basis for claiming this is the right thing to do. Surely he did not just decide this in his own mind without it having any relevance to the real world. This opinion, along with a lot of his opinions, just strikes me as being very "mall ninja." It strikes me as being someone who talks the talk but has never really walked the walk. This is how he makes his living and I believe he just might be the one of the better writers and bigger personalities, but I think a lot of it is theater. I just think some people do not realize that.

Page generated in 0.02509 seconds with 8 queries