View Single Post
Old June 19, 2020, 12:09 PM   #29
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewa Thoughts
I hope you can see that the data provided was sparce, in that it did not include vital elements like bullet length and construction, cartridge case measurements including case length and fired case volume. Without those elements, and a copy of your .grtload file, we have no ability to compare one to the other. Additionally, no actual user fired data corroborated the magazine information. I would be happy to process you questions if you can provide the proper information. You can send the required data to my GRT email address ([email protected]), or join the GRT Discord server where we can drop files and data directly when asking for help in figuring things out.
I didn't provide those data because I am not the author of the article. I sent Gordon a link to the article, and a copy of it. Obviously, I can't provide data that I don't have, but the fact that a published author in a respected mainstream publication had results that differ from GRT by as much as 37% speaks for itself.

As a writer and editor, I completely disagree that what I wrote "begs for a reply." It doesn't. What it begs for is a revised version of GRT that will generate results closer to what the real world experiences.

Since this exchange has gone from my intention of offering some feedback in the hope of improving GRT to a urination contest, I have gone back and tried playing with various aspects. Fixing the hollow-base bullet by inputting the dimensions of the cavity made a negligible difference. Just a few minutes ago I played with the initial pressure. Taking that all the way down to 500 psi (which is rather unrealistic) still left the velocities for the 185-grain bullet load about 100 to 150 fps faster than what the article reported as real world results.

This seems to suggest that the error is generated by something in the powder data, and that's way over my pay grade.

I have given you what I can. I obviously can't provide data that I don't have, and which I stated in my e-mail to Gordon that I don't have. Your continued harping on that appears more and more to be a defensive tactic rather than a sincere effort to foster a cooperative exchange.
Jeepaholic

Page generated in 0.03279 seconds with 8 queries